(Last Modified: September 16, 2020)
We have included information below regarding what types of data we collect from you and how we process and use your data, however, before doing so, we would like to explain the legal bases for such collection and processing:
- When you sign up for any of our Services either as a Vendor or a Client, we process your personal data in order to perform our contract with you;
- When we have a legitimate interest to process your data, such as for direct marketing purposes or when we process your IP (as such term is defined below) when you access our Website; or
We will also process your personal data where you have provided us with your consent for us to do so.
THE TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
Depending on your interaction with us (meaning, for example, whether you are just browsing our Website or if you registered for our Services and opened an account with us, etc.), we may collect two types of data from you, as follows:
Non-Personal Data: The first type of data is non-identifiable information which may be made available or gathered through your use of the Services and that you are unable to be identified by (“Non-Personal Data”). The Non-Personal Data that we collect from you may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted or automatically collected from your device such as (but not limited to): the time and date you access our Website and the actions you take as a part of our Services.
Personal Data: The second type of data is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual (“Personal Data”). Personal Data may include (but is not limited to): (i) contact information such as your name, email address, etc., which you have submitted voluntarily; or (ii) your Internet Protocol address (“IP”). It is important to note that, while ones IP is considered personally identifiable information in many jurisdictions (such as the EEA), there are some jurisdictions in which such data is not considered to be Personal Data. We therefore treat such information as Personal Data, in accordance with applicable laws, however we do not attempt to analyze or determine your identity based on such information or otherwise combine it with any Personal Data such as your name or email address. Your IP is collected by our third party analytic partners that may offer you ways to opt-out of such collection, all as further explained below.
You are not required by law to provide us with any of your information. You are able to refrain from providing us with some of your Personal Data; however, this may prevent you from being able to use certain Services.
In the event that we combine Personal Data with Non-Personal Data, the combined data will be treated as Personal Data for as long as it remains combined.
DATA WE COLLECT FROM VISITORS
|Type of Data
||How Do We Use It?
|In the event you contact us for support or other inquiries, either through the online form available on the Website, by sending us an email or via other means of communication that we may make available to you, you will be requested to provide us with your name and email address.
||We will use this information solely in order to respond to your inquiries and provide you with the support or the information you requested.
|In the event you submit a request for a quote, either via our online form that is available on the Website, by sending us an email or by another means of communication that we may make available to you, you will be requested to provide us with your full name, phone number, address, email address, company name and further information with respect to your patent application.
||We will use this information solely for the purpose of responding to you and providing you with a price quote and the information you requested.
|When a Visitor visits our Website, we (either directly or through our third party service providers as further explained below) may process their IP.
||We use this information with your consent, to: (i) operate, provide, maintain, protect, manage, customize and improve our Website and Services and the way in which we offer them; (ii) enhance your experience with the Services; and (iii) audit and track usage statistics and traffic flow.
|We also collect certain technical Non-Personal Data (as explained above) which relates to your use of the Website.
||We use this technical data in order to operate and manage our Website.
DATA WE COLLECT FROM CLIENTS
|Type of Data
||How Do We Use It?
|You will be required to register and open an account with us in order to use our Services. During the registration process you will be requested to provide us with certain information such as your full name, email address, phone number and company name. Additionally, you will be required to create a username and password and when you do so you will need to represent and warrant that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information and password. You further will represent and warrant that you will not provide us with inaccurate, misleading or false information.
||We will use this information in order to perform our contract with you, provide you with the Services you requested, and assign your account. We will use your email address and phone number in order to send you any necessary information related to the Services and our business engagement (e.g., to notify you regarding any updates to our Services, send applicable invoices, and on occasion, additional information related to the Services) as well as in order to verify your identity.
|We also collect certain technical Non-Personal Data from Visitors (as explained above).
||Please see the above table for more information.
PUBLICLY AVAILABLE VENDOR INFORMATION
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Depending on the nature of your interaction with the Services, we may collect your information by using one or more of the following methods:
OPT – OUT
You may control how your browser responds to cookies by adjusting the privacy and security settings of your web browser. Please refer to the support page of the browser that you are using. The following are some links which you may find helpful:
In the event, that you have any additional complaints about your privacy rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you. Please note, that once you choose to opt out, part of the Services provided by us may no longer be available and some features of our Services may not work.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA AND FOR WHAT PURPOSES
We do not share your Personal Data with third parties except as specifically mentioned herein:
- Third Party service providers– we may disclose your Personal Data to third parties that perform services on our behalf (e.g. tracking, servers, service functionality and support, marketing, etc.) These entities are prohibited from using your Personal Data for any purposes other than providing us with the requested services and they may be located in different jurisdictions;
- Legal Requirement– we may disclose or share your Personal Data, solely to the extent needed to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request (i.e., to comply with a court injunction, etc.) or for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies;
- Policy Enforcement– we may share your Personal Data, solely to the extent needed in order to enforce our policies including investigations of potential violations thereof, to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims or to detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues;
- Third Party Rights– we may share your Personal Data, solely to the extent needed to prevent harm to the rights (including intellectual property rights and other legal rights), property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any other third party.
- Affiliated Companies– we may disclose your Personal Data to our Affiliated companies. “Affiliate” means any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Company. “Control” for the purposes of this definition means the direct or indirect ownership or control of at least 50% of the Company;
We may store Non-Personal Data and Personal Data on our servers or our cloud servers, use or share Non-Personal Data in any of the above circumstances, as well as for the purpose of providing and improving our Services, as explained above. This information may be collected, processed and analyzed by us and transferred in a combined and aggregated manner (i.e., your information will be immediately combined with the information of other users) to third parties.
We retain the information we collect as long as it remains necessary for the purposes set forth above, all in accordance with applicable laws, or until an individual requests that we delete his or her Personal Data. We may, at our sole discretion, delete or amend information from our systems, without providing any prior notice to you, once we deem it is no longer necessary for such purposes.
HOW DO WE SAFEGUARD AND TRANSFER YOUR INFORMATION
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Website, Services and your Personal Data. We employ industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of our Visitors’, Vendors’ and Clients’ Personal Data and prevent any unauthorized use of it. We have implemented technical, physical and administrative security measures to protect the Personal Data, including, without limitation, by using industry standard encryption (SSL) methods. In addition, we limit access to your information on our servers. The data collected by us is stored on AWS’s data servers, for more information regarding the data security provided by AWS, please see: https://aws.amazon.com/security/. Please visit the following link to learn more regarding our security measures: www.choiceip.com/index/securityoverview. Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard your Personal Data, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access or abuse the Company’s Services, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
We acknowledge that different people have different privacy concerns and preferences. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make informed decisions about how it is used. We provide you with the ability to exercise certain choices, rights and controls in connection with your Personal Data, according to applicable data protection and privacy laws.
Privacy laws differ from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, each of which may provide you with different rights regarding your Personal Data. For your convenience, the following is a list of rights that you may be entitled to exercise in accordance with the applicable data protection laws that apply to you.
- The right to access your information – you have the right to request confirmation that we process your Personal Data, and under some circumstances, be provided with a copy of your Personal Data that we process.
- The right to be forgotten – you have the right to require the erasure of certain Personal Data, if specific conditions are satisfied (if the Personal Data is no longer needed for the original purpose that it was collected for and there is no new lawful basis for continued processing); if you have exercised your right to withdraw consent (if applicable), or to object to the processing and we have no overriding grounds for continuing to process the Personal Data; the Personal Data is processed unlawfully; or the erasure of the Personal Data is necessary in order to comply with applicable legislation. Please note, that this right is not absolute. We may not accept a request under certain circumstances, for example if we need to retain the applicable Personal Data in order to comply with our legal obligations or defend against legal claims, etc.
- The right to object – you have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data, in the event the legal basis for processing is our legitimate interests. Notwithstanding the above, we will be permitted to continue the processing of such Personal Data if our legitimate interests override your rights, or when the processing is necessary to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim, etc.
- The right to restrict processing – you may be entitled to limit the purposes for which we process your Personal Data. This right is applicable when: the accuracy of the Personal Data is contested; the processing of the Personal Data is unlawful and you request restriction instead of erasure; the Personal Data is no longer needed for the original purpose it was collected, however it is still required to establish, exercise or defend legal rights; or there are overriding grounds in the context of an erasure request;
- Rectification – you have the right to require an entity that is processing your Personal Data to update your Personal Data that is not correct;
- Data Portability – you have the right to have your Personal Data “ported” to a third-party;
- File a complaint – You may also be entitled to file a complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority in connection with concerns you may have with regards to your privacy
If you wish to submit a request to exercise any of the above rights, please fill out the data subject rights form available here and send it to our Data Protection Officer (“DPO“) at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, we will require certain information from you in order to verify your identity and locate your information. This may take some time, subject to applicable law requirements. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and the length of the extension period in writing. Additionally, you have the right to contact your local data protection authority, at any time. The response we provide you will also explain the reasons why we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Please note that the data privacy and related laws in your jurisdiction may provide you with different or additional rights related to the data we collect from you, which may also apply.
We may send our Clients or Vendors emails or other messages about us or regarding our Services. You can remove your Personal Data from our mailing list and stop receiving promotional communications from us by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication or by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note however, that if you are a Vendor and you choose to unsubscribe from our mailing list, we reserve the right to send you service-related communications, including service announcements and administrative messages relating to your account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them unless you terminate and delete your account. If you wish to delete your Account, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, if we do delete your account, we will not be able to delete certain information that we are required to retain in accordance with applicable law or otherwise required for the legitimate purposes of our business.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, or any concerns with respect to how your privacy or Personal Data is handled, please contact us at:
44 Court St. Suite #1217 PMB 95347
Brooklyn, NY 11201
You can also contact us via email at: email@example.com
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER: